Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 19, 2014: A House In The Woods

365 Project, Day 151
Here is my day 151 submission to my 365Project:

Needing to get away from the busy-ness of downtown Victoria where I live I went to my friend's house in the forest in Langford for the evening. We had a lovely bonfire (I just missed the Barred Owls (Strix varia) calling back and forth to each other before I arrived!) and I enjoyed playing around with my camera to get some night photos. 

I loved the effect of the Christmas lights on the house with the trees silhouetted in the background. 



Downtown Langford

Campfire and car headlights

Bonfire sparks

Night time canopy


Woodpile and wheelbarrow in bonfire light

I was using the Gorillapod for this portrait oriented shot...and the camera slowly started tipping to the side causing the motion effect 



No comments:

Post a Comment